Thursday, May 17, 2012

Power 90 Days 26 & 27

Okay, we have a few little snags!

A few days ago I noticed that a muscle in my upper thigh was a little sore.  I attributed it to playing basketball for a bit, which I haven't done in YEARS!  It was no big deal but I decided to just be careful and not overdo it.

Fast forward to day 26...  After we finished the sculpt dvd, Chris mentioned that his shoulder was bothering him.  By morning he couldn't lift it over his head but wasn't complaining much.  I assumed it was a sore muscle and went on with the day.  When he got home from work he said that he would prefer to do some walking/running instead of the cardio dvd that includes jumping jacks and such that would bother his shoulder.

We walked over to our walking path and discussed how we were going to run/walk.  We wanted to start off running and then walk a little and then run again etc.  I was feeling great and was not concerned about my leg as it wasn't bothering me at all.  However, the moment we started to run there was a sharp pain reaching from my knee to my groin area.  Something was wrong.  We decided that we would just walk.  All was fine with no pain.  When I got home I did some basic stretches that felt wonderful.

I say all that to say we need to lay low for a bit.  Walking seems to be the kind of low impact that works for both of us.  In the end, I don't want to stop moving.  If I'm not moving forward, I'm moving backward.  I'm not going to let that happen.

Day 30 is coming!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment